Register Now for Special Discount Offer
"Maharishi Ayurveda has inspired me to adopt Ayurvedic lifestyle changes for myself, and to recommend them to my patients. It has enriched my clinical practice with an approach to chronic medical conditions that is simple, yet profoundly effective."
Jannet Huang, MD, FRCP, FACE, ABIHM, NCMP
Endocrinologist, Irvine, CA
This 4-module, 66-hour course is available online. Optional live weekend modules are also taught at East coast and West coast venues.
Co-sponsored by the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine, Atlantic Integrative Medicine, Pacific Pearl La Jolla, and the University of Maryland Center for Integrative Medicine, in association with Maharishi Ayurveda Association of America.
This course added a profound healing dimension that I use every day with great results in my clinical practice and in my personal life. For those interested in integrative medicine, this course is a must!
Mimi Guarneri, MD, FACC
President, American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
Expand the scope of your health care practice by learning the principles and practice of Ayurveda, the world’s oldest system of natural health care.
Develop practical skills for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease— including Ayurvedic pulse diagnosis—that can be immediately applied in your clinical practice, as well as your own life.
You’ll receive an extensive printed syllabus, including valuable protocols for addressing many common chronic conditions.
The course is based on Maharishi Ayurveda—a comprehensive modern formulation of this ancient science in accord with the classical texts. The course is taught by medical doctors with over 25 years of experience in integrating Maharishi Ayurveda into modern medical practice.
What you will learn
- Prevention—Learn how to identify imbalances before they manifest as disease and eliminate them through effective natural medicine approaches.
- Pulse Diagnosis—Learn non-invasive diagnostic modalities, including Ayurvedic pulse diagnosis.
- Diet and Nutrition—Offer clients an individualized approach to diet and nutrition that addresses underlying imbalances at the root of their illness.
- Chronic Disorders—Discover new and practical non-pharmacological approaches to enliven the body's natural healing mechanisms and address the causes of common chronic disorders.
- Detoxification—Learn how to apply traditional Ayurvedic procedures for clearing toxins from the body that may be a cause of chronic disorders.
- Stress Reduction—Learn how to apply scientifically validated approaches to stress-reduction and mind-body balance.
- Lifestyle Changes—Learn how to individualize daily routines and lifestyle recommendations for your patients to prevent behavioral mistakes that cause health problems.
Who should attend?
Medical doctors, doctors of osteopathic medicine, chiropractic physicians, naturopathic physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists and other health professionals who want to expand the effectiveness of their health care practice.
Course Format and Schedule
This 66-hour Level 1 course is taught in four modules. All four modules are available online.
In addition, Modules 1 and 4 will be offered in live weekend courses in 2014:
Live Module Offerings - 2014
|Pacific Pearl La Jolla
||San Diego, CA
|Atlantic Integrative Medicine
|University of Maryland Center for Integrative Medicine
Please note: To qualify for MAAA certification of successful completion of this Level 1 course, the participant must attend at least one live weekend module.